Skip to main content

Harbin, China Day 1 & Day 2


Day 1 : Departure 

Planned for this trip since I was in New Zealand. Fong Xian was the one who asked me to go Harbin to visit Sok Ying, who is studying in Heilongjiang Chinese Medicine University.

Unfortunately, I got FFK-ed by her therefore I went alone to visit Sok Ying.
The great part is I got to save up on my accommodation as I crashed over at her place!!! xD

I took flight from Penang (MAS)- KLIA (China Eastern Airlines) -Shanghai (Shanghai Airlines) - Harbin. It was a long journey with long hours of transit. But that's the cheapest flight I got at RM1760 for return trip.
Everyone is getting ready with their jacket to Shanghai

PNG KUL 2145-2240                                 KUL PNG 0645-0735
KUL PVD 0210-0720                                 PVD KUL 1925-0110

***There's Wi-Fi available near to Burger King. Since I have 6 hours transit, I had my breakfast at Burger King at RMB25 and had a good rest there while using the Wi-Fi***


The ariel view before I reach Harbin 

PVD HRB 1410-1715                                 HRB PVD 0945-1250
There's also Wi-Fi available in the airport. There's how I contacted Sok Ying before I took a bus to her place.

The plane stop here, so we need to walk outdoor into the shuttle. Make sure you have enough jacket and clothes to keep you warm in your hand carry bag. I was freezing as it was my first time adapting into such a cold country. 

Catched a bus from airport to a place called 'Le Sung Guang Chang' to meet up with Sok Ying. 
The city is also decorated with beautiful ice sculpture. 
And while I was walking to the shopping mall, I can see people dancing outdoor. I guess it is a good exercise to  keep the people here warm. 

Luckily I manage to meet up with Sok Ying at the entrance of the shopping mall.
I was hungry so they took me to the some shall shops to have a nice warm soup noodle. 

Feeling warm after dinner, they took me to their hostel convenience shop to look around. They said this drink is good for digestion. It contain a little bit of alcohol too. xD 

Day 2 : Sun Island, Harbin Polarland, Harbin Ice and Snow Festival

We shared a van together with a Thai family to these 3 places. It was quite pricey actually. Around RMB80/person. 
The first place we went was Sun Island, where we see all the beautiful big snow sculptures. 
The entrance fee cost us RMB240
太阳岛
The beauty nature with the snow
It's the year of goat, so they have the goat sculpture too
I love this view with the bridge
The dolphin is so gigantic to me. So cute!!! 
Another beautiful bridge. 

We went indoor to keep ourselves warm. Seriously it was really freezing especially on our feet. 
Luckily we we put some hot milo in our thermos, which is really good enough to keep us warm for a while. 
We came to this beautiful huge scupture, but there are some parts that are not finished yet. 

The whole journey took us only around 2 hours. 
First, it was freezing and second, we are running out of time. 

2nd place to visit, which is Harbin Polarland that cost RMB130, that displays aquatic animals in subzero area. 
As usual to normal aquarium, they have some interesting animal shows , according to schedule. 

This is my favourite, and you gotta walk down to see the performance. 

This active penguin swimming fast around the aquarium.. How I love penguins


We spent around 2 hours in the aquarium
 
The sun sets, when it;s time to leave and move to our last destination of the day. 

3rd : Harbin Ice and Snow Sculpture which cost us RMB360. 
 Its more expensive at night, but it's more beautiful due to the lights up. 
The entrance fee of the day time is cheaper, but it's just plain ice sculpture without any color. 
We were greeted with the big Harbin beer ice sculpture at the entrance. 

The night was lighted with colorful ice sculpture. 
Bear in mind, it was really freezing out there. I put on 2 pieces of heat pack in my boots, yet I was freezing. And we only took around 2 hours here. It was too cold to spend more time there. Plus, the whole place is crowded with people. 









Comments